What we're looking for & How we're looking for them
We’re looking for
- a quiet neighborhood
- big kitchen
- a little garden where we can grow what we want to eat
- our bedroom
- a room for work
- a guest room
- enough space for storage
- marché nearby
- one or two supermarkets nearby
- a train station in 1.5km
- preferably house over apartment
- a house that doesn’t look like it’s built recently (so that I can have the experience of living in an old French house)
How we’re looking for them
- I don’t know yet how much money I can borrow from the bank.
- But I’m searching for houses with € 350k limit on https://www.seloger.com/ and it helps me understand which area has more properties on sale.
- I’m reading lots of reviews from https://www.ville-ideale.fr/. I don’t trust them 100% but to me it seems quite trustworthy. We got help from the website when we first moved into France.
- We’re listing down some areas after cross referencing between seloger and ville-ideale.
- We will visit some of the places to see how it really looks like. The atmosphere, the streets, the cafes, the restaurants, etc.
- And I heard it’s good to search for the city names in http://leparisien.fr/ to get ideas on what’s going on there.